Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

hello my name is jenni and i'm a blogging slacker

I am officially back from my spontaneous six-month sabbatical. (Alliteration accidental.) I'm not exactly sure when or why I jumped off the blog ship, but it may have been because of that string of days in July when I was home for only 3 out of 18 days... not to mention visiting 10 states in one summer. Yeah, maybe that was it.

Confession. It's been so long since I last posted that it took me a bit to even remember how to log in and write a post.

Anywho.
I'm back. And still adjusting to writing 2011.


A lot of things have happened in the last six months - most notable of which include:

A visit to see Liam's brother and his wife in Virginia!

A visit to see some wonderful friends in Maryland!

Celebration of two years of wedded bliss to my dear husband!

A new job as secretary at The Learning Center!
The Learning Center is an alternative high school diploma program. We have students ages 14 to 75. The job change led to more hours at higher pay with more working days. I am still mourning the loss of my summer break, as I will now be working year-round. But. It's hard to complain. I like my job and I love my coworkers. Also. It's thrilling to see the satisfaction through the happy tears when our students become high school graduates. What more could I ask for?

A cutie-patootie nephew arrived!

Check out that cuteness factor.


Those are the major highlights. I think. I apologize to any major highlights I may have forgotten. Now that you're all up to speed, stay tuned for some more regularly scheduled blog posts...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And congrats on the job. And the cute nephew. And the two years. And surviving a summer of crazy traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back! Congrats on all the milestones this summer!

    ReplyDelete